By SARAH FITZMAURICE
I'm in! Cheryl Cole is excited to be heading stateside for the U.S. version of the show where she will sit next to Simon Cowell and LA Reid on the judging panel
After months of speculation, the wait is finally over - it has been confirmed that Cheryl Cole WILL be appearing as a judge on the U.S. version of The X Factor.
In a statement released today, the British singer is confirmed as a judge on the talent show - joining Simon Cowell and Antonio 'LA' Reid on the judging panel.
Cheryl, 27, has already voiced her excitement about the new role searching for the talent America has to offer and said she is ready to battle it out against Cowell on the first series.
Ready for battle: Cheryl can't wait to get the first series of the American version of the X Factor show underway and is looking to beat Simon Cowell as she has in the U.K. show
Cole said: 'I’m so excited to be taking part in the American version of The X Factor. I absolutely love it here in the UK, and with the talent they have out in America, I’m sure we’re going to find someone very special.'
She added: 'I can’t wait to get started. I just can’t decide whether I am more excited to find and nurture the talent or for the unbelievable amount of amusement and entertainment I will have watching Simon doing everything and anything he can to beat me.
'He’s tried to beat me for three years in the UK, and hasn’t even come close. His ego must be so bruised. America is gonna love this.'
Great chemistry: Fox bosses have praised Cheryl's talent as a judge and have said America will love the way she interacts with Simon Cowell
Cowell, who has championed the Geordie singer in the U.S., said: 'I’m thrilled for Cheryl. She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with.'
He added: 'She is also a complete brat! Most importantly, this girl can spot talent.'
The confirmation about her X Factor role comes only days before auditions are held this Sunday, May 8, in specially-built high-definition recording studios in Honolulu, Phoenix, Nashville, Anchorage, Kansas City and Denver.
Auditions will continue in Dallas on May 26.
The U.S. version of The X Factor is set to be the biggest and best yet with the winner scooping a recording contract worth $5 million.
- korean guy hairstyles
- celebrity hairstyles haircuts
- elegant wedding hairstyle 2011
- pretty wedding hairstyles
- new mode women hairstyles with bangs
- Fringe Hairstyles 2011
- Fringe Hairstyles Long Hair
- Fringe Hairstyles Short Hair
- Fringe Hairstyles Medium Hair
- It's official! Cheryl Cole WILL be a judge on the ...
- Katy Perry keeps her band waiting for an hour at t...
- Thor heartthrob Chris Hemsworth left red-faced aft...
- Untouchable makes a “You You” comeback on M! Count...
- Acoustic girl group ‘SpinEL’ debuts on M! Countdow...
- Kristen Stewart walks Robert Pattinson's dog in Ne...
- Oscar winning workout: Nicole Kidman shows the har...
- Sam Claflin To Play Kristen Stewart's Prince in “S...
- 'She looked gorgeous': Philip Treacy
- Jaimie Alexander in Thor Premiere Pics
- David Cook Participated Race for Hope in DC
- "Superman" Actor Jackie Cooper is Dead !
- Nick Cannon visits Mariah Carey as couple FINALLY ...
- Nicole Scherzinger makes the earth move in Right T...
- Costume Institute Gala: A Great Look 2011 Pics
- Teenage Boy Funky Hair Styles
- Choppy Hairstyles
- Hairstyles and Hair Cuts
- New Emo Hairstyles
- New hair styles
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2010 (112)
- ► 2009 (84)